Journey of Quilting

Bar {hopper}

ooops... I meant bar topper! I guess even my subconscious is stressed out and needs a night out on the town... ;)

I finished up this cute little thing this weekend made from this tutorial I did awhile back. Almost two months back? Wow, I can't believe it took me that long!

We have a large breakfast bar in our kitchen. It really borders on being too large because I can't even reach all the way across it to dust. Or maybe I'm just that short.

Anyways, it has been lacking much decoration {unless you count school papers and bills} and I have really wanted to bring some more color into our kitchen. BTW, don't let a snooty design center person ever talk you into a kitchen of black granite. Yes it's sleek and modern... it's also extremely difficult to keep clean because even one hand print sticks out.

Did you see that rabbit??... it went that way! ... I seem to be having a hard time staying on track with this post...

Focus.

The fabric is from my Bliss layer cake leftovers from this quilt. I backed it with a vintage sheet scrap from the same quilt, quilted it with a meandering free motion pattern and bound it with a Kona solid {can't remember the color name}.

It was nice this weekend to get a little sewing in. I have been beyond stressed lately and Steve so sweetly let me take a little extra time to sew. I didn't get any big projects knocked out but it's nice to at least walk through our kitchen and see something pretty.

Happy Fabric Tuesday and thanks for doing your best to follow along with this post!