Journey of Quilting

An Easter Dress...

I hope everyone had a nice Easter! We sure did. :)
I made my daughter's dress; only the second dress I have ever made. I love to sew and I am a pretty confident quilter. Sewing clothes, on the other hand, makes me nervous and slightly cranky.

I am happy to say that the dress was a hit! I loved it and most importantly my daughter loved it... I think you can tell by the picture!
I got the pattern from The Handmade Dress . The pattern is very well written and easy to follow. She has other patterns that I am definitely planning to use. Cute shirts... skirts... more dresses... :)

I used Amy Butler Belle fabric for the main fabric and then the pattern suggested using a vintage handkerchief or dishtowel for the apron but I had neither. So I gladly substituted a small piece of vintage-to-me Amy Butler Temple Flowers for the apron that I won in a giveaway from Live A Colorful Life.

I love spring and the chance to work with bright and girly fabrics. And now I'm back on task to finish a manly wonky nine patch quilt... :)

I hope everyone's week is off to a great start!