Journey of Quilting

Wednesday Words {Reality}

I've never been good at those Wordless Wednesday posts that I see on other blogs. I always seem to have more to say OR I'm just lacking those really cool photos... ;)

So because I always enjoy being real here, I thought I'd take today and share a little more of me. Now I don't want this to come across as a negative post because it's really nothing more than me thinking out loud.

Would you believe that I'm a shy person? I'm in a relationship-centric job with a large client base, I coach softball for 10 players and 10 sets of parents, and I have this blog that for some reason, more than just a few people read. That's a lot of people for this shy girl to interact with.

It's obvious that I love quilting, fabric, and sharing what I'm working on... here. In real life, not so much.

Steve is my biggest fan and probably because he's one of the few that I am comfortable with and actually enjoy showing off to. The idea always sounds nice but the reality of attending a guild meeting, a quilt retreat or any kind of creative get-together nearly paralyzes me with fear.

Am I the only one like this??

A lot of the time I find myself feeling like I am because I see so many people blogging about their wonderful experiences at guild meetings, retreats, etc... . I love looking at their pictures but I secretly find myself wondering, how the heck did they manage to get out of their car?

I promise that I'm not snobby. Weird maybe; but not a snob. But whatever it is that I am, I feel like I'm missing out on the whole quilting "experience" and I can't decide if this is something I need to push myself to do so I can be more normal.

Or maybe I'm good staying right where I am... in my comfortable studio... in my favorite chair and subjecting Steve to my revolving quilt show-and-tell.

Poor Steve...