Journey of Quilting

Plenty of Whimsy

I finally took the leap and purchased EQ7 last week. I'm calling it an investment in this hobby of mine. I think I will also start calling fabric an investment as well... :)

I didn't have much time to play around with it until this weekend and WOW, I love it! It's easy to learn and use and this is coming from a technology-challenged individual.

Remember this stack of Laurie Wisbrun's Modern Whimsy line? I have known how I've wanted to work with it and I've even had the design in my head for awhile. But sometimes designs have a hard time working their way out into the real world... you know how that goes.

So I made a mock-up and I even figured out how to import the actual fabric swatches; both the prints and the Kona solid. It's pretty cool to get a good idea of how your finished quilt will actually look!

I'm a HUGE college basketball fan and if you are too then you know that it's March Madness... the best sports time of the year! I was able to cut all the triangles and squares while I watched the games this past weekend. And then Steve said that he was sick of watching basketball. Shame on him! So he changed the channel and I decided to go play with EQ7 some more...
There's no more basketball until Thursday so this quilt should come together fast. I'm hoping to be able to share it later this week.

Happy Monday!