Journey of Quilting

Do {over}

very tired & very worried...
This has been one of those weeks that I would love a do over for. It started off great with the arrival of my sewing machine and it ended with last night and the picture you see above.

Softball has started for Chaney and I'm coaching {again}. Our first game is this coming Tuesday. We have a great team with lots of returning players. Last night was our final practice before Tuesday and it was going great until Chaney ran down an errant throw and somehow stepped on the ball and rolled her ankle forward. Ouch!

She fell awkwardly and even though she's pretty tough, she fell apart. And that's when I stopped being "coach" and became "mom". However, I continually surprise myself because I don't fall apart in these moments that she gets hurt, sick, etc... But then there's Steve, the former paramedic, and he's just downright methodical and calm... unless it involves puke but that's a whole 'nother post!

We spent the rest of the evening getting x-rays and trying to keep Chaney calm about the possibility of missing her first game. Poor kid. But finally the doctor came back in and told us that there were no breaks and no real bruising to indicate a sprain so that she was in pretty good shape. Phew!

So the kid who had to be carried off the field... to the car... into the ER... into a room to get x-rays... upon being pronounced in good shape, hopped off the table with a smile and walked to the car after getting her sticker for being brave. What the heck??

Steve and I just shook our heads and laughed. He also might have mentioned getting that doctor's phone number for the next time so we can just call him and have him assure her that she's probably OK. ;)

The good things of the week:

  • Chaney is happy, healthy, and ready to start a new softball season
  • I did get my new sewing machine and have high hopes for more sewing this weekend
  • I didn't tear off any more parts of my car
  • Chaney is looking like quite the little slugger this season... this is coming from the proud coach and mom
  • and at least there were no lasers involved in this week's happenings ;)
Have a great weekend and I'll be back on Monday with an awesome giveaway from Fabricworm!