Journey of Quilting

Hexagons!

I love math of all kinds, so it's only natural that I would love quilts with strong geometric lines and shapes. And truth be told, because of my math nerdiness, I probably cut and construct my quilts different than most. I have always wanted to make a hexagon quilt and when I saw these two new fabric lines, I knew they were the ones. It's like they were made to go together!

They are half hexagons right now just waiting to be sewn into neat little rows that will connect into hexagons. My hesitation is this: do I pair one with it's matching fabric twin or would it look completely weird to make a scrappy hexagon? I would still stay within the same colorway... i.e. red with another similar red... floral with another similar floral.

Decisions. Decisions! Any suggestions? I would love your input; good, bad or indifferent. :)

BTW, I am getting really close to having my On the Road quilt quilting finished. I am loving how it is turning out and I hope to have pictures up soon!