Journey of Quilting

{Curly} Friday

Frieda from the Peanuts
I never expected all the comments and emails about curly hair after this post! I promise not to turn this blog into a hair blog... that would just be weird... but I do want to answer the questions I got.

The brand of gel in the first post is Jason. The ingredients are all natural. Here is the company's site.

It looks like you can purchase products here and Drugstore.com carries a lot of the line too. I found my gel and shampoo/conditioner at my local health food market. If you are international, I'm sure there are stores and sites closer to you that sell this line too.

I follow the Curly Girl method which sounds very similar to some of the other comments on the previous post. I put the gel in when my hair is wet. I let it air dry while I'm fighting the lasers, wrangling the dogs and getting Chaney off to school each morning and then I use a blow dryer with a diffuser before I leave so that my hair is mostly dry when I get to work. That's it!

I also got emails and comments from some that part of their hair was curly while the other part was straight. Several years back when I wore my hair curly, I thought the same thing. Then I found the Curly Girl method and once my hair was not so dry and I stopped being mean to it with the flat iron, everything got curlier. The same thing is happening this time too.

And it's worth mentioning... Jason is not a sponsor here and the sites that I have mentioned today are not either. No one gave me free stuff; I just like the products and wanted to share. :)

So those of you who offered some mojo in exchange for curly tips... it's time to pay up! I will gladly accept all the mojo you can send my way. There will be sewing this weekend! Monday I'll be back to talking about quilting.

Oh, and there will a Leap Day giveaway this coming week too! It has something to do with thread... ;)