Journey of Quilting

Bliss {is a finished quilt}

This quilt contains a few firsts for me... including working with a layer cake {Moda Bliss} and making a quilt with lots of red in it. I don't know what my aversion to red has been but I'm over it now because I.Love.This.Quilt.

The simple half square triangles {HST's}were arranged according to color make the zig zags. I have avoided working with HST's but my fear of them was for no reason because it was a breeze putting this quilt together.

I have a thing about quilts having some sort of balance to them and I found my balance here by using rounded corners. Don't you just love them?

I used a variegated pink thread and quilted the red/pink rows with two double lines and the blue/green rows with single lines that follow the zig zag pattern. I lengthened my stitch length and I really like the defined stitches I got by doing that.

It's backed with a vintage sheet that is so soft and complements the feel of the quilt nicely. I love free motion quilting and its results but sometimes I forget how nice it is to read under a quilt that hasn't been quilted as heavily because it drapes so nicely.
Despite Steve's surprise, this quilt is going to live with me. I suppose I could sell it but I just shipped my Swell quilt off to its new home and it is always a little sad to part ways with a quilt-baby. But now I have another red and aqua quilt that makes me smile...
Happy Fabric Tuesday!