Journey of Quilting

testing... testing...
Untitled

... is this thing on??
Hello!! I've missed ya'll!
What the heck have I been up to?? Well I guess most of you have figured that I took a break. It was an unintended but intentional break.
What does that mean?
I planned on taking a small break after Thanksgiving but then things got really busy at work, Chaney's birthday was December 13th, school was out, there were holiday parties, and of course lots of sewing and quilting happened. I would sit down to blog but then it wouldn't happen because our home computer crashed or something else equally random would take my attention away.
I started stressing about not blogging but then I realized I didn't need to stress about yet another thing-to-do. I was still plenty active on Instagram but if you weren't on Instagram then you wouldn't know that... so my apologies if I worried anyone.
So now to the fun stuff! I've been sewing A LOT which is another break in my blogging; I couldn't show a lot of what I was working on because it wasn't mine to show or it was a gift.

Untitled

I had two quilts that I quilted for friends. One was this beautiful full sized vintage quilt... with a funny story to follow about this one.

Untitled

The other was a beautiful "plus" quilt with nautical fabrics. I am going to make one of these quilts this year!
And then there were 4" churn dash blocks that you see up at the top of the post. I made the blocks and framed them in embroidery hoops for two of my other quilting family members. I wanted to keep these!

Untitled

An Idea Pouch {pattern by Michelle Patterns}...

Untitled

... a bookmark table runner {tutorial to follow}

Untitled

... a Supernova quilt that I failed to finish. :( I've never missed a deadline for a gift but I'm almost done with the quilting and I'm glad that I gifted the quilt top, took it back, and followed through with the quilting I had envisioned.

Untitled

Last but not least, I got sucked into the Scrappy Trip-along that has taken over my Instagram feed. It's a fun block to make and it is starting the new year off right by making a {small} dent in my stash.

Untitled

In between all that sewing there was some reading by the fire...

Untitled

... closet purging on New Year's eve and the following day because we are wild and crazy like that...

Untitled

... ice skating...

Untitled

... and some running. Yep, you read that right! I started running back in November and then I realized how much I missed it and I've been a tad obsessed. More on that later too!
I hope ya'll had a wonderful holiday season! School started back today so I am a happy girl officially back in her routine. Let's make this a great year!