Journey of Quilting

Pintucks & Pincushions

I've recently become fascinated with different general sewing techniques. I am always looking for ways to improve my skills and make my work look more polished... like topstitching ~ I love topstitching!

My latest obsession is sewing pintucks. The texture created is so cool and they are easy to make.
I've been writing a tutorial for a guest blogging appearance and pintucks are involved. I've been practicing different spacing, straight lines, organic lines, etc so I have a bunch of random pintucked {is that a word?} squares piling up next to my machine.
I don't like to waste fabric so I made a few pincushions. Can you ever have too many??

Just look at those mini-pom poms from Riley Blake! SO cute!
And should you ever wonder if my projects always turn out great, let me put your mind at ease...

Me: Honey, I just bled all over my new pincushion.

Steve: What? How did you do that?

Me: I pricked my finger really good when I was hand sewing the opening closed.

Steve: Well, I guess you won't be giving that pincushion away...

Cold water did the trick and there's no more blood but Steve is right, I think I'll be keeping this one for myself. ;)