Journey of Quilting

my dream...

When you stop worrying about other people's thoughts of how you are living, a deeper appreciation for the gifts you are given starts to emerge...

Take for example the degree I studied in college: Environmental Science

At that time, there were only two universities that offered a degree in that area of study... that was just over 10 years ago even... University of Montana, and a minor only at Southern Illinois University.

Being that I was absolutely in love with my best friend, I still pursued that degree...
Contrary to what SIU even wanted, I pursued that dream...
I actually had to talk the Administration Office at SIU into letting me study for Environmental Science as a major... with projection charts and an essay! My focus was not on engineering, but the social science behind the human relationship and their perceptions of the environment and how I could change the world!!!
Currently, almost every University provides a degree in Environmental Science... it's one of the fastest growing areas of education.

My "plan" was to become a guide for Sierra Club in the mountains — sharing my passion for nature while inspiring others to embrace their passions... their dreams... no matter what other people are telling you.

Dreams are essential to a happy life...

I'm not telling you to go and forget your obligations... believe me when I tell you that my first priority is my vocation as wife... then mother.

but that doesn't make me stop dreaming

who doesn't like that exhilarating feeling of a new idea!! or reading something and saying almost out loud "yes!! I want to do that!!!"

being a dreamer doesn't mean you have your head in the clouds with your rose colored glasses on...

No one can escape the hardships of life... no one

but why do you see some people succeed? and you don't??
why is it that you work so hard and then your efforts don't get noticed???

First of all know this...
every single thing you do effects others

If you have to lock yourself in your room with that bar of sea-salted chocolate and warm cup of milk at night so you can read your new Joel Salatin book to escape the stress of the day... you are effecting others

When you pick your elderly neighbors apples and share your making of homemade jelly and delicious pie... you are effecting others

As you sit here are read this and wonder what you can do to help others while pursuing your dreams... you are effecting others

Here's a start:

  1. Get a piece of paper (or print out what I have below)
  2. Write down one dream you have always wanted to do
  3. Look at what you wrote
  4. Study what you wrote
  5. Say what you wrote out loud
  6. Start telling other people your dream
  7. Stop any negativity that comes into your thoughts in doubt pursuing that dream
Every action you perform is working toward that dream.

The people who achieve their dreams do not talk negatively or sarcastic, and ruin everyone else's lives in the process... think of what your priorities are, make sure you are fulfilling those... but do not forget your dream.

I may not be an Environmental Scientist like I thought or am a Sierra Club guide in the mountains, but my dream of changing the world is happening... with every word... every thought... every action I do.

here's something for you to print out and use in your pursuit of your dream:

Instead of guiding others in the mountains, I guide at least six others daily to acheive their dreams too
and as far as my husband??. .he still has dreams... big dreams actually
but together, we are helping persue one another's dreams
peace + blessings,