Journey of Quilting

Unmentionable Ornaments

Our first Christmas in our new house was memorable for lots of reasons. Chaney had just turned three and after all we had been through, I was so thankful to have a wonderful husband, a home of our own and a fresh start to make new and happy memories. Apparently Chaney was excited to make some memories too when she decorated our tree with a little extra.

I was folding laundry on the coffee table and went in the bedroom to put clothes away. Chaney was happily playing by the tree when something caught her eye on the coffee table and she quietly went to work.

A few minutes later she came running into me saying, "come look mama!"... words we often hear and cringe to as parents. "I decorated the tree!" Oh. Dear.

I'm picturing the tree laying on its side or ornaments broken on the floor but as I walked around the corner I saw her masterpiece. My ... ummm... colorful undergarments were hung carefully and strategically on the bottom three feet of the tree. Of course I took a picture but I can't bring myself to put that pic here because hey, a girl has to have her limits. ;)

Chaney gave a whole new meaning to "the stockings were hung with care..." that year and it is still one of my favorite Christmas memories.

Thanks to everyone who share pictures of their special Christmas trees. The link sharing is still open so please feel free to share; it's been fun seeing everyones traditions and trees!