Journey of Quilting

in the wake...

all the innocent lives lost... unexpected...

it makes me quite aware of how my children's lives are so very fragile... as is my own...

no, this is not very 'cheery' topic with Christmas coming... but it is still coming... Christmas is not here yet

no matter what the stores tell you... how many parties you have been to... it is all of this world... not of God's realm... and it is a kingdom remember?

quite frankly, I do not care if others think I am doing this and that wrong... I am doing the best I can to the best of my abilities to lead all my children to God, in heaven, to be saints

we might not race them here and there to practice of this or that, or encourage them to be the very best at sports that they do get involved in at times... but that is all irrelevant in the heart of God

as most of us are aware, we do not know the hour when we will pass from this world into the next

that is a very sobering thought for this mother of six

to always be prepared... all of us... and I'm in charge of their knowledge of God...

for me to show them with love and understanding is awfully difficult at times when the young ones are fighting, and the shadows of the day is long, dinner is not made and my knitting is calling me instead of making that supper or helping the children with their studies

most appropriately, the Golden Nights are upon us
a time to make sure we are prepared for The King's coming
these Golden Nights bring wisdom and praise and peace

I am filled with the spirit of the fear of the Lord

my time to rejoice is on Christmas day and forty days after... for now... it is a time of sobering thoughts and preparation for my King

xo+blessings,

Latin translation of chant: Wisdom that comest out of the mouth of the Most High, that reachest from one end to another, and orderest all things mightily and sweetly, come to teach us the way of prudence!