Journey of Quilting

Christmas Quilts

Do you see the white out the window behind the quilts?? Yep, it snowed in Texas... on Christmas! We ended up with a little over 4 inches. I'm sure that doesn't sound like much to my northern blogging friends!

Wow, it's been tough keeping these a secret! Two quilts in two weeks pretty much occupied all of my crafty time. But I will say that I, an the recipients are happy with the results! I didn't end up doing a zig-zag quilt; it just didn't seem to work this time around. When I have a little more time, I'm sure I'll be doing one then, though...

This one is my own pattern and I've used American Jane Snippets, Quilter's Muslin, and the rest is from my stash.

It also has a pieced backing with a few extra blocks pieced in...

This second quilt looks like stained glass to me. The batiks turned out really pretty set against the black sashing. It is also my own pattern. Both quilts are nice sized lap quilts; just warm enough for our Texas winter weather.

I hope ya'll had a Merry Christmas! I know that we sure did...