Journey of Quilting

Wednesday Words {Curating}

I've always thought it would be fun to be a curator. A curator of almost any kind, really. Just as long as there are pretty things involved...

This is probably as close as I'll ever get though! Sew Lux Fabrics is having a Guest Curator contest and while I'm usually not much on contests, they had me at the offer to be a curator. A curator of fabric? Yes, please!

I love choosing stacks of fabric. Sometimes you can find me in my studio "playing quilt" where I'm just making fabric stacks for no good reason other than I love fabric and mixing colors. My family also knows that when I retreat like this that I'm probably a little stressed out and the tend to let me be. I always emerge from my studio a much more pleasant person. ;)

I created this first mosaic like I often do, I chose one print and built around it. Can you pick out which one was the first print?

The name of this bundle... Blue Christmas. I woke up with that song stuck in my head this morning. Why, I don't know. But I've always had a thing for mixing up Christmas colors with a little blue.

I think Elvis might have been on to something... ;)

My second bundle, because I couldn't stop with just one, Snowed In.

Living in Texas all my life, I'm a little obsessed with snow. Some winters we actually get snow but most of the time it's just an ice storm that keeps us off the roads and home. I guess you would call that "iced in" but I like Snowed In better!

My color inspirations here... hot chocolate, a fire going, a warm quilt, and of course some snow.

There are more beautiful curated collections over on Sew Lux Fabric's blog. You can also find all the contest details too! So go make yourself a fabric bundle... or two. It's really a lot of fun to "play quilt"!