Journey of Quilting

Ketchup

Talk about catching up... I'm finally quilting my oldest WIP
What did the big tomato say to the little tomato lagging behind?

Ketchup!

Sorry, I couldn't resist re-telling that joke that Chaney recently told me...

It's time to catch up around here. As I've said, we have had tons going on. This post might be a little long but stick with me, there's something exciting at the end!

Guess who started playing the violin? Steve!

nah... just kidding

Yep. My sewing/craft/homework studio is also now a music studio. Chaney's original intention was to play the cello but turns out, she's too little. The cello sizes only go down to a 1/2 size and that was still too big. So she switched to the violin and has the tiniest and cutest 1/8th size violin that I have ever seen.

Softball is winding down. It's been a great season but I'm also ready to have our evenings back. One more game!

Guess who's going to have sand between their toes very soon? Steve and I are taking a little vacation beginning on Saturday. I can't wait to spend some quality time with him! We are going someplace warm and sunny which sounds quite nice since we woke up in the 30's this morning. :)

And on to sewing matters... I finally got things organized around here. All my tutorials and free patterns are listed under the tutorials tab. I added my finished quilts for the year and saw that I'm a tad behind on my goal of one a month... but I'm finally quilting my oldest WIP {fabric shown in picture} so that will help put a dent in my goal.

I added my Tide Pools and City Stops quilts for sale in my shop. I love them both but we are going to run out of room if I keep stuffing the house with quilts.

And last but definitely not least, it's time for That Quilt Along {part II}. Last year's was a lot of fun so I figured it was about time for another one. More details to come but I'll give you a few hints: traditional meets modern, solids meet scraps, freedom to put your own twist on things... I could go on and on!

Six weeks of quilting with friends! This could be your first quilt or your 100th... we will go step by step.

Who's in? :)