Journey of Quilting

Cyber Monday?

... more like Cyborg Monday.
Why doesn't anyone quite seem to be themselves today? Is it the post-Thanksgiving turkey hangover? The oh-my-gosh-Christmas-is-less-than-a-month-away panic?
Whatever it is, it stinks. I know I have a serious case of the blues. Even Chaney was uncharacteristically blah this morning.
Why do we put so much pressure on ourselves during this holiday season? I hate to say it but is this what it is really all about? Obligation?

Obligation to make everything perfect... to get the best deal... to find that hard to find toy... to shower your wife with diamonds and luxury cars... to have the biggest tree and the house with the most lights. Really?

I love Christmas and I'm not a scrooge but count me out. I just want to make some handmade ornaments and call it a day. You know what Chaney was begging for last night? Not the latest Webkinz or a new game for the Wii; she was asking for time. We had a busy Thanksgiving week and she felt like she didn't get to spend enough time with us. It made me a little sad to hear but at the same time it helped us re-focus as a family on what is really important... time with each other.
So, I want time for Christmas. A quiet day away from the stress of obligation. I quilt without obligation but I'm thinking that I could stand to carry that theme into other areas of my life as well... :)

What do you really want for Christmas?