Journey of Quilting

Something new...

Thank you, thank you for all your thoughtful responses on yesterday's post! I got great feedback and I feel like I have some creative direction again. I also don't feel pigeonholed into one thing; like making quilts.
Now, my blog will always have a quilting focus but I'm finding that there is a lot of creative satisfaction in completing some small and useful projects like my Idea Pouch. So why not make some clothes too??

I've never really done much sewing when it comes to clothes. Pajama pants and sundresses are about the extent of my "expertise". But then I came across some really cute knits on sale at Joann's for $3 per yard. That's a tough deal to pass up!
At first I thought I would just make pajama pants but I like this print too much to only wear around the house. So it's destined to become one of the 6 designs the pattern offers. I'm pretty excited about it and I figure that if it doesn't work out then I'm not out too much money either.

Have ya'll sewn clothes in the past? I'm pretty comfortable sewing with knits but are there any other tips you have for me??