Journey of Quilting

Dizzy Diamonds {a pattern}

This post has been a long time in the making! It didn't take me that long to actually make the quilt but there's a lot that goes into writing an actual pattern.
Despite how this quilt looks, there are no templates or special rulers! That's the number one question I am asked. Nope... all you need are your basic quilting supplies!
There's a trick to the diamond construction and it's a pretty cool one which makes this quilt come together fast.
My quilt details... and I emphasize my because this is my quilt.

- Mix of Cosmo Cricket's Circa 1934 - some Pezzy prints
- and a few Kona solids thrown in to give your eyes a place to rest.
- It measures approximately 50" x 65"

The quilting... one of my favorite new ways to quilt. The random spirals are what gave this quilt its name.

It's super dense quilting but I've washed the quilt twice now and it's just as soft as any of my other free motion quilted quilts.

The binding. I've been hoarding this print for a long time. I cut it on the bias using this tutorial {yes I have to refer back to my own tutorials!} and I really love it.

So like I said, this quilt is my quilt. I took some of the things I love the most... numbers, letters, typewriters, a tape measure, and a fun and quirky block construction to reflect "me".
Out of all the quilts I've made, I've never done that. I'm normally all about the colors, prints, trends, etc. So if you haven't done this you really should, it's a lot of fun to make a quilt that reflects your personality!
And I must mention that I had some wonderful pattern testers! Their quilts are beautiful and their input was invaluable. I appreciate their willingness to make this quilt and give good and honest feedback. Thank you!!

You can find all the details, fabric requirements, and purchase the pattern here in my Craftsy shop. It's an instant PDF download and this is a fat quarter friendly pattern as well. I would rate this pattern as a good fit for a motivated beginner and beyond. And like any of my projects you always have access to me to ask questions!
I have also partnered with Sew Lux Fabric once again and they have put together two beautiful kits to make your own Dizzy Diamonds quilt. I'll be making a second quilt in the Modern Prints very soon!

The Modern Edition

The Christmas Edition
For a limited time the kits are on sale for $45.00...
This quilt was a lot of fun to design and really appreciate all the positive feedback and comments along the way as I worked to finish the quilt and the pattern. Ya'll are the best!

Linking up for Fabric Tuesday