Journey of Quilting

The West Room...

PART II... this room now accommodates our love for music...
piano, my husband's congas, flutes from all over the world, all different types of maracas, my guitar, and my son's guitar, and lots of sheet music...
there were only 2 things that survived the barn fire:
on top of the piano resides this...

a copper pressing of my patron saint... Saint Anne... (maybe sometime, I'll show you the other item that survived the fire)

but this picture symbolizes so much for me in both strength, faith and the peace that will always reside within me...
yeah... yeah... get on with it right?

When you first walk into the room, there's a small sitting area, nothing special, just somewhere to sit with the guitar, flute or a steaming cup of tea and a magazine...

this oil on canvas is from my husband's mother, and the frame I found for $5 at a garden sale of all places... now one of my favorites...

we added that blue here and there...
and when you look outside, the view is of the Potager and at night, the sunset... hence, the name: West Room...

once the room was cleaned out, I brought a twin bed frame down from the attic and the appropriate sized box spring and mattress, and created something similar to "my room"...

fresh lavender was added to her pillow...
WAIT! I didn't tell you that I was alone for over a week while husband went to Canada did I?

yes, well, that is why I had this special guest... the woman on the left is my husband's mother... my dear friend really...

that's why I was able to do all of this see? because if left alone, Anne Marie will do things like this...

at the foot of the bed, I hung shelves, and placed all the kids cowboy/cowgirl boots, with my hydrangeas in a few... these are my husband's when he was a child... sooo cute!... he's my cowboy... he is from Kansas you know...

and framed the kids photo shoot I took last autumn...

looking up, you can see the "blue sky"...

this is the only thing I purchased for the room... an antique crocheted bolero...
(it came with the crocheted hanger for $3)

... I was so excited to finally put out some of my French linens for her (and me:)
like what you see draped over this chair, then added a hemp-blend blue striped tea towel, one of the pillows I have made from some old French red/white kitchen towels, and rested a very unique Irish drawstring bag next to the chair...

... sure... I wanted to buy things for the room, but only that crocheted top and a nice bar of soap was purchased...

everything else I gathered from outside, to anywhere inside...

working with what I had...

in the evening, the light was turned on, to read bedside...

and funny thing, I asked the first night: "what time should I get the coffee going in the morning?"

"oh... 7am is good"

okay, 7 am is fine... did that for my guest...
I sprang out of bed the next morning due to a noise downstairs (which was just my son arising from sleep) so as not to leave my guest alone, I grabbed a cup of coffee, went over to the West Room, and lo' and behold, my guest was still sleeping!

until 9:30 mind you

so hilariously I asked: "soooo... should I set the coffee for 10 tomorrow?"

~I guess she liked the room~

and she even gave her hostess this:

her brother made it and I love it!

~thanks for your patience~
I am sure you all feel more virtuous now... don't you

anything to help;)

and to think I had a party with over 200 people who attended just a week after this room redo... well, Anne Marie is a wee bit exhausted now... also a funny thing: my first post just a year ago!