Journey of Quilting

The Joy of Essex {Linen}

Do you ever have those days where you are disgruntled, irritable and just downright mad? I had one of those on Saturday. So despite my other quilting projects waiting in the wings, I started cutting fabric.

Some Nicey Jane...

Some Moda 1974...
Some Hope Valley...

Even some of my Flea Market Fancy scraps... wow, I must have been really mad!

I needed a neutral solid so I grabbed the first thing I saw; my new Essex linen that I purchased from Sew Deerly Loved. This fabric is amazing! It is 55% cotton and 45% linen. It cuts easily and it doesn't fray or shift when you are sewing and handling the fabric. It adds the most interesting texture to the quilt too; it is soft yet sturdy. I can't wait to see how it washes and dries when the quilt is finished!

Notice all the blues, greens, yellows, greys, etc? Colors are so fascinating to me; especially how we are drawn to certain ones at certain times. All the colors I grabbed this weekend were calming hues. I put very little thought into the fabric choices, I just wanted some peace, quiet, and calm. And I'm now happy to say that the colors worked {along with some marathon sewing and prayer} and I'm in a much better place. :)

PS: For those who got the joke in the title of this post, sorry... I couldn't resist!