Journey of Quilting

Picket Fences

It took a lot to get to this finished quilt...
Remember when I told you that there are good reasons not to quilt when you are stressed and sleep deprived?

Reason #1...
Stippling while stressed leads to picking up the edge of the backing. BIG mess. But boy, I stippled my frustrations out through all those layers... ;)

Reason #2
Picking out the stitches to undo the mess of the backing...

Reason #3
Binding with the selvages still on and showing. I'm choosing to call this charming and character building for this quilt...

But here's the final product and I think it's pretty awesome. When I was going through the pictures the name "Picket Fences" came to me so that's what I'm calling this quilt. Of course, it's inspired by Denyse Schmidt's Hop, Skip, Jump quilt but I made it without templates and it was pieced completely improvisational.

More chairs and more vintage linens...

Despite the rough goings, everything turned out perfectly. And in my humble opinion, the selvages in the binding are pretty darn cool. :) You can find this quilt in my shop...
Shared on Quilt Story as part of Fabric Tuesday!