Journey of Quilting

my own self-worth...

I would guess that 89% of you have never met me in person... you don't know if my life is the way it is... or if I love walking in the prairie for real... or bake my own bread... or sew my own skirts...

yes, I do all of those things

but now, after being a "blogger" for awhile, sometimes it is coming back into my face with not smiles but disbelief

even those women that truly know me have said things like "you can say all you want Anne Marie... life isn't like that"

no apologizes from me... life IS like that... for me... and it most certainly can be for YOU
I'm not about to say 'sorry, but... '

I'm not about to tell you 'oh... I didn't mean to make you feel _________'

never apologize for the way you are living to anyone... if you are going through some hard times, that is for you to get through... for you to become closer to your creator... not away...

step
single
every

every
single
step

up and down we choose... what is more important to you vs. what can take the back seat

this could be all you have ever known: the ups and downs, but it still is your choice... and you may just like climbing up or descending down... and that's okay... no apologizes

no matter what you might be experiencing, there is a way to get pass that wall... you put the wall there... the one you just can't seem to not only see through, but get through, get around

God doesn't make you put that wall up... you built it with all your negativity... excess energy... wasted energy

every day

every
single
day
I go down into my soul to lift it back up again... offering all that I am in communion with Him to enjoy the day, to enjoy my life, to grow in union with my husband and our family

I choose the misery presented to me... I choose the way a song makes me feel... I choose the color of denim skirt I lift up to my hips that bore all six of my children... I choose

like my dad says "it's all in your head"...

it's my life... no apologizes indeed...
= how my boys cooked breakfast for us or how the sunrises out here lately with the cool morning makes the most unbelievable sunrises in the prairie
= how the chickens we have aren't laying eggs and would rather eat the tomatoes instead of the crickets and worms
= how I absolutely love embracing my domesticity — plain and simple — through my faith... through the Church

One thing is constant with me, and that is my constant enhancement for those around me... I like to consider me dying to self in order to give it to others...

Romans 12:2
Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Not too long ago, the woman who chose to be home with her children could cook, bake, sew, tend the garden, can, teach her children, entertain, and still have time to pray

there is still that same amount of ticks and tocks on the clock

women... men... it is time you made yourself worthy of your time here...

pray/meditate/garden/live/hug someone/smile/give back/work

work your hands to the bone in prayer and that wall will fall and crumple to dust

create yourself worthy

peace + blessings,