Journey of Quilting

{Random}

This is my first time to participate in Cindy's Really Random Thursday! This is a good one to start with because the past few weeks have been pretty much nothing but random. Here goes...
We went to Gruene, TX {pronounced green} on one leg of our road trip.
They had some great shops with some really great antiques but they also knew that they had some cool stuff and they priced it accordingly.

Pyrex sets {with chips} were $100 and up and antique quilts in fair condition were $750 +. Fun to look at though! I think this quilt looks pretty "modern".

We stayed in 4 hotels in one week. The Grand Hyatt on the Riverwalk in San Antonio was my favorite.

I broke in my new Saltwater sandals on vacation. Navy and orange... my new favorite color combo. It's also very obvious in these shoes that my right foot is a full half size smaller than my left foot.

My blog has been on the blink for more than 24 hours. Something about my web hosting service moving something... I don't really know! The page still seems to be coming up blank but if you hit "refresh" my blog shows up. WTH?? So I hope that this post makes it somewhere other than the black internet hole.

Chaney is growing up SO fast! Her individuality is something I love and aspire to. She wore these glasses almost non-stop on vacation.

Steve and Chaney are my favorite people in the world...

... but they are also crazy. I can't believe they wanted to sit in a swing that is whirled around 20 stories in the air. I love a good roller coaster but no thanks to flying through the air hanging by a few chains.

Books were a big part of vacation. I got a lot of reading done.

With this fun book, we also discovered that Steve's favorite scent is lavender. It's going to take him awhile to live that down. LOL

And last but not least, The Giant Granny Panties Quilt Along is almost here! Depending on how my blog is behaving, all the details will be posted tomorrow or Monday...