Journey of Quilting

Outdoor Madonna...

I have this photograph above, on my sidebar, and it depicts my sadness for the loss of my barn which burned tragically...

... and while She stands quietly still in the cold and bitter winter, Her face is still as peaceful...
... someone to emulate in grace and love... and self-sacrifice as well...

This statue was chosen very carefully.

I don't particularly like a lot of yard ornamentation, but have always wanted a statue of The Blessed Mother... the Madonna... and while visiting family in Michigan, we stopped at this fantastic statuary place, and my husband and I both knew when we saw that statue, she was coming home with us...

and we had the spot all picked out amongst the privets...

We squeezed that statue into the car after rearranging all the luggage, children, and dog.

It was hilarious!... But I'm so glad we bought it.

(the picture at right is the first year we placed it in the garden... look at how little my daughter is and the privets too!)

Today is a special Feast Day of Mary's, and I so wish I had a crown to put on the center of our breakfast table where I will be serving breakfast for out of town guests.
~French toast with a fresh peach sauce ~Thick sliced bacon ~A fresh from the garden skillet including baby zucchini, onions, cheddar broccoli, baby spinach and our farm fresh eggs (all from my kitchen garden... my Potager)... sssshhhhh... don't tell my husband... but this is secretly what I have planned to do with our statue someday... we took this photo while visiting in California

Do you want to be in B&W Sunday?... let me know...