Journey of Quilting

Howdy!

After 1600 miles, in 7 days, all in Texas... I'm home! We had a wonderful time floating the lazy river, swimming, eating, drinking, sightseeing, shopping, and spending time together as a family. Oh, and watching the Olympics; you can't forget that!
I took lots of pictures but I'll try and hit just the highlights...

We went to Fredericksburg, TX one day and visited the Nimitz and Pacific War museum. We spent three hours there and I highly recommend it. Chaney enjoyed it and was fascinated by all the hands-on features. The Pacific War section of the museum is brand new and they have done a fabulous job telling the story, especially with all the artifacts.

The other highlight of Fredericksburg was the fabric shop we went to. I've been there once before but I wasn't quilting obsessed like I am now.
When I own my own quilt shop I will display my bolts like these!

They had tons of hard-to-find fabrics, all the new lines, and great prices too. The owners are sisters. They were super sweet and we had a fun conversation that started off by them asking me what my quilting style was like... more modern or traditional. They went on and on about how fun it is to see "younger" quilters in their shop and when they met Chaney they were even more excited when she told them that she loves to sew and quilt too.

I didn't get my other quilts done and ready to bind so I went commando on vacation... sans sewing projects, that is. ;) I was bummed about that but it also gave me lots of time to read and even design a few new quilts. I obviously didn't blog either but it was kinda nice to completely unplug creatively. But after we got home, unpacked, and started the laundry I headed straight up to my studio and rolled around in my fabric.
I've missed ya'll and reading blogs! Between hitting the ground running at work and school starting soon, I don't know that I'll really be able to catch up on my reading so if I've missed something really exciting please comment here or email me. :)

edited to add: This shop is not online, I can't remember the name, and their shop name isn't on their receipt either. From the outside of the shop it doesn't even look like fabric would be sold there. I'm going to look on my credit card bill and hopefully the shop name will be on that so I can pass this wonderful shop's information on to ya'll!

edited again... Danielle commented with the name of the shop! Its name is "Things in a Room". It's on Main St. Thanks, Danielle!