Journey of Quilting

Hexagon Table Runner

It's finally done! I put off the binding forever which was silly because it wasn't that bad.

These are 1.5" hexagons and the fabric is a mix of Amy Butler Belle, Lotus and Midwest Modern. These were some of the first fabrics I ever purchased when I started quilting and these hexagons are the end of the stash. Kinda makes me sad but also happy that this runner is now living on my coffee table in our family room. :)

I hand quilted the outline of each hexagon with purl cotton and I love the result.

The backing is Anna Maria Horner's Garden Party {another favorite} and it is also a fabric sadly dwindling from my stash.
I vastly underestimated the amount of binding fabric it would take due to all the points and corners so no, your eyes do not deceive you; there are two colors of binding. I'm in a "make due" mode right now and I'm surprisingly please with how the Kona Charcoal and the Kona Caribbean look together. My hubby even approves!

Have a great weekend! We will be for sure... today is hubby's birthday so this is an entire weekend of celebration... :)