Journey of Quilting

Bohemian Forest Quilt

This might be one of my all time favorite quilts. It was fun to make, the pattern {Kate Conklin} was awesome, I love the colors, and I can't help but feel like the quilting is something unique.

When I posted about the quilt top, I got several comments about the colors and me being unafraid of color. In this quilt I simply picked my focus fabric {Anna Maria Horner Good Folks} for the panels and used those colors as inspiration for the rest of the quilt. In picking fabrics for your quilt, when in doubt, follow the designers for color combinations and inspiration... they are designers after all! ;)

My inspiration for the wood grain quilting? A lonely charm square sitting on my sewing table. This method of quilting was a lot of fun and mentally more interesting than line after line of straight line quilting because I get bored easily and this quilting kept me engaged. And the texture... love it!

I pieced the binding with fabrics left over from the quilt. I used more of the Patty Young yellow because I really like the bees, the honeycomb and the color. I used Gutterman {my favorite} bone thread and it blended nicely with all the colors.

Now I just have to figure out what to do with the quilt! We are overflowing with quilts at our house these days... :) I figured it out... it's in my shop!