Journey of Quilting

At home with the girls...

The girls would like to show you around their room...
(as the eldest daughter's favorite artist and song is playing...)

feel at home to look around...

We have two daughters... one 10... the other 5... and they are the best of friends...

in this room they don't listen to music... don't watch tv... don't have hand held games...

instead, they play with paper dolls together...

read...

and lots of doll playing...

(the above picture is my doll "Mary" when I was a girl her age... she went everywhere with me)

they also pray together at the start of each day, and at night
when they cozy beneath their quilt... the girls share a full size
bed... (which by the way, I tried to convince my husband I could paint it white, but alas, a true carpenter likes the old wood)

Doll clothes are stashed in the bottom suitcase, art supplies in the middle, and the top one (aka happy suitcase) is free and ready for a quick trip...

that 'era' of hearts cutout in the wood, and frilly polyester window coverings, was NOT my taste, but I compromised...
when we moved here, there lived 6 boys (all above the age of 12) and 4 dogs, inside, and well, lots of 80's decorating...

we painted it, sanded it for 'shabby' appeal, and we were quite pleased...
~these are my dresses hanging on vintage wooden hangers, that I wore a wee little lass~

*quick memory I'll share... see that little doll to the left of the horse? well, our power went out in the middle of last year's terrible winter, so by gas lantern, we all sat around and talked, and I hand sewed my daughter that little doll... it was the most relaxing sewing experience ever*

Their view of the Potager is incomparable, as is their vintage basket full of their dolls...

My husband surprised us all when he purchased this hand painted on glass antique painting of and Irish Castle... he never ceases to surprise me...

On top of the dresser (which I don't have the heart to re-paint), is a lamp that used to belong to their great-grandmother...
the shade was spruced up by some vintage blue lace and vintage buttons (and new braided trim around the edge)...

I love this lamp~ it's the most 'foo-foo' thing I own, but love it all the same...

I would LOVE for my husband to dress of like that and gather flowers in his hat, and bring them to his adoring wife... that would truly be a site! even if he came to me in in chaps and sporting his cowboy boots... that would be fine too... (I'll stop dreaming now and spare you)

these shadow boxes, lined with velvet, were given to me after my grandmother's passing as well...

my grandmother's paper cutting skills can not be equalled...

to add my daughter's own touch, she sewed these pillows with vintage chenille...

the vintage child's folding chair I painted white, distressed, then added the padded back and seat... with a tiny rick rack ties to secure it...

and last, but not least... one of my favorites in the house... antique wooden Dutch door stop...

My little head is spinning around with ideas (surprise... surprise)... see you soon!