Journey of Quilting

work is prayer...


Getting to know me personally, you might think I'm 100% Hungarian...
this isn't true however when I was growing up, just steps out the backdoor to my Grandparent's home (which happened to be Hungarian) I most certainly felt like I was 100% Hungarian!! Every opportunity I had growing up, I would take my little red wagon across our neighbor's wooded backyard to help my 'nagypapa' (Hungarian for 'grandfather') pull weeds in the garden, pick fresh cantaloupe, and be silent... together... working...

he has told me that he used to be praising God when I was there with him little did he know that I was thanking God too... for him he is now 93 years old and this is his own garden and home

over 30 Hungarian pepper plants alone!! and he tends them all himself still!at 93!! and my Grandma, his beloved wife, cooks delicious meals from scratch, at her loving age of 90 I miss them everyday that I can't be with them if it was up to me, I'd still be taking my little red wagon over to their house every chance I could...

do you know the reason why he is still as spry and fit? because he does things for himself he hasn't lost his independence Saint Benedict stated "work is prayer" and the medal I wear around my neck is a Saint Benedict medal, that my dear grandfather gave me when I was young... and I will always hold true to that belief...

work is prayer
Hope you all had a wonderful weekend... and thank you so much for taking time to read my blog (even though I may ramble at times)
xo+blessings,