Journey of Quilting

letting someone else take control...

how often I am in a constant state of control
my faith humbles me to the point of exhausting all resources within me and I seem to malfunction rather quickly

shut down

letting someone else take control... = what's for breakfast = how we garden = plans for the day = how to sort the laundry = what we'll pray on as a family
all this responsibility (and obviously much more than what I revealed) can be heavy upon my shoulders... but never a burden... just heavy... and sometimes too heavy where I seem to be crushed
like a dog with it's head out the window, the exhilarating feeling of being in a car, windows down, is freeing
maybe I'm saying that because I seriously don't get out that much... but that could just be my saving grace... the more I get out, the more I want out... but the more I pray... the more I want to pray
pushing the door open to the garden gate to go back up to the house, I looked back and my eyes saw my husband watering our newly planted asparagus patch, son was weeding, girl was swinging... big kids were at the last day of a Church retreat... the baby wiggled under my chin and the Holy Spirit rushed passed me as the wind feels with the windows down... the objects of my affection were closer than they appear
I started walking up the gravel path, my flip flops flipping on my heels, but my feet weren't touching the ground. My spirit was soaring with amazement — not being able to fully realize what was happening -
I parked myself upon the comfy cushy chair on the deck and held my baby close and nourished him physically. Completely letting the moment sink upon me.
= We are letting our life here be led by something stronger than our hands = The seasons and changes in weather guide our chores, duties, responsibilities
I am not in control, just along for the ride... and it's a gorgeous view