Journey of Quilting

jardin d'herbes aromatiques...

Most of the photography here on my blog is my own, or my husband's... however... today I want to share with you some inspiration for my herb garden from some talented gardeners... mostly across the seas... A few of these amazing photographs are due to the talented eye of Zoe, who I was so pleased to come across recently! I found her by chance, and had posted these pictures without the prior knowledge of her behind the lens... she has been to so many gardens it truly is amazing!

Structure is a must for me -

whether it is an outbuilding or fence -

clipped evergreen shrubs is also on the 'must haves' while designing my new herb garden...

These photographs, well, I could never create this spectacular of a garden space, but my philosophy is always to dream big and the results will be more than satisfactory...

I must also have a centre piece... a focal point...

and seriously considering this:

looking at this might seem intimidating... but if you look closely, all it is are concrete forms from logs, an aged brick 'back' and the glorious seat: chamomile... how absolutely heavenly...
truly a seat for The King himself

Here's a few spots that are begging for this jardin d'herbes aromatiques here at Farm:
this is an area in the front of our home, facing the street, where this sidewalk leads to no front door... it leads to nothing... at least not yet...

I am leaning more towards that area because of the path already laid in place...

but I do have another option I am considering:
between our home and the horse barn...

Considering that it is June already, the herbs quite possibly will not be planted until the following Spring, but the plans and sod can be cut out now...

I love digging into grass.

Very few other earthly things give me as much pleasure as planing and implementing a new garden.