Journey of Quilting

Fifi's visit to the farm...

The delightfully fabulously talented Fifi O'Neill came to the farm!!!

She contacted me about taking pictures of Farm and all the life that encompasses this place I call home, after seeing pictures of the sale, and the farm through the blog, for her upcoming book!!!!!!

like I was going to say "no"

So I busied myself in the kitchen for my guests that were coming...

peach pie

homemade herb-from-the-garden bread

(these herb bread loaves were for Fifi and Mark... with jam and honey... but we used them as props and then ate them for supper)

I gathered sage... and spruced up some corners of the farmhouse...

Fifi's photographer, Mark Lohman was so professional, and just hilarious... we had so many laughs... it was just terrific!
Mark's photographs can be seen in some amazing publications such as Veranda, Coastal Living, Beautiful Homes, Country Living, Country Home and many more. He is Fifi's exclusive photographer for this project... and Mark: "you're a keeper";)

Fifi was totally hands on... putting hay bales into a wheelbarrow... carrying the barn table out with me to the prairie...
not one complaint or negative word
just a delight
one of the most unpretentious people I've met

He took this picture of Fifi and I after we had just finished a photo shoot out in the prairie... and during many laughs and dodges from sword fights with some prairie grasses with the girls...

with our shoes kicked off... sitting on the hay with THE ONE AND ONLY Fifi, well, it was just like sitting with a good friend I've known for years...

I had to crop this photo so you don't see what we all did out there... but this book she's putting together has a few of my friends in it as well... such as Tracey, from French Larkspur, and Angela from Parisienne Farmgirl... and to be put in the same book as some of my friends, is THE biggest treat...

let me tell you an exciting possibility...

Fifi has agreed to come to the sale in May 2011 for a book signing at the Barn Sale!!!
(many things both in the business and personally could happen to prevent this, however, as of right now, I'm serving her lamb medallions with fresh asparagus and my homemade cream sauce with a lemon cocktail... oh wait... that's for you Mark isn't it?)

They came at about 9 in the morning, and stayed until about 10 that night...

We just had so much fun with them...
the kids, the chickens, the horses... even Gilberta the goose

We ended the day on the pergola covered deck, eating supper under candlelight, followed by the peach pie prop:)

Her book is due out in March 2011 (in Canada, the UK, U.S. and possibly China) and as soon as it hits the stores I will let you know!
You can come here to the farm in May to the sale and meet her in person! and have her sign your copy of the book!!
Wouldn't that be a blast? Eating a cupcake and macron with Fifi?

~make sure you go visit Tracey's blog to see her great pictures of her time with Fifi and Mark too~

Have a fantastic weekend everyone!!...
I'm taking a little time off... just a little

xo + blessings,