Journey of Quilting

kitchen caddy...

pink is the color on the farm this year...

it is very unlike me to do so, but I'm really enjoying embracing such femininity lately...

today is windy... cold... rainy... and these roses
(three light pink for the boys + 2 darker pink for the girls)... are so fragrantly sweet (as are my children)

and I'm sure you are all tired of seeing the sale preparations and peeks!!

********so let's not talk about the barn sale for a few secs********
shopping recently at a local antiques store (go figure) brought me upon a set of dishes that I knew were coming home with me asap...

they are American made, from early 1900's...

how can anyone buy new dishes? when the antiques stores are abundant with such fantastic pieces!! Not like I needed any more dishes...

but how could I resist these with their loveliness?

for tea... dinner parties outdoors... for even my morning muffin

it makes my kitchen

I had a lovely time (with some serious discussions) with a very intelligent, talented, and down to earth girl... Jen...
she "just gets" so much of the organic thing

she very much impressed me with her openness of talking about it — smartly -

yesterday Jen came with some of her items for the sale, and I'm looking forward to the time when I can "sit campfire style" Friday night with her and just chat
(after the sale is done Friday night and all the guests have gone)

thanks Jen, for a wonderful afternoon! I truly hope you enjoyed your stay at the farm
(serious conversations and all)

much love and peace...