Journey of Quilting

what you'll need...

Do you have light corn syrup? sugar? chocolate? how about peanut butter? Unsweetened cocoa? I can find all of these things organic, except the corn syrup so here's a substitution:

LIGHT CORN SYRUP SUBSTITUTE

2 c. white sugar 3/4 c. water 1/4 tsp. cream of tartar and a Dash of salt
Combine all ingredients in a heavy, large pan. Stir and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and put cover on it for 3 minutes to get sugar crystals off the sides of the pan. Uncover and cook until it reaches soft ball stage. Stir often.
Cool syrup and store in a covered container at room temperature. It will keep for about 2 months. Makes almost 2 cups

So what's up Anne Marie? What are you making? Well... I'm trying my hand at some Easter treats that are homemade... we don't buy candy, and besides: how fun to make it yourself right?
I'm trying my best to sneak it in while the kids are playing outside... but oldest walked in to tell me the count of eggs, and got a whiff of the melting chocolate... "OH MAN! does THAT smell gooood!!"
So... I guess the 'bunny' is out of the bag, but they still don't know what it is I'm making — and neither do you, but you will need those above ingredients okay? Tomorrow's the big recipe and pictures of the goodies so stay tuned:) Have a great night with your family... dog... husband... or all! Blessings Farm Chicks!!