Journey of Quilting

Paprika...

You have heard it before... I'm Hungarian, and I'm very happy to be (part) Hungarian...
my roots are strong there in both faith and heritage...

and well... the paprika runs strong as well... with each generation, the recipes DO NOT change, but rather, get passed down, like the fine heirlooms they are... meet my Hungarian great-grandmother... the first woman from the "old country" to come to America, and sell her organic vegetables from the back of her pickup truck at church...

I admire her strength... in both her strong hands and heart... and her son, my dear grandfather is just as dear and just as strong... (and just as good of a gardener...) our family (me that is) still uses the same beet seeds from her... truly an organic heirloom...

(pictured above on the right and my other Hungarian Great-Grandmother on the left — and the skinny English G-grandmother in the middle!) both my Hungarian grandparents tell me how much I remind them of her... they say: "if it was up to her she would have had every blade of grass a flower" it was a compliment to me... and as far as the looks go, I have been known to wear a babushka many a time... (you be the judge)

(these are just a few)
I'm even passing it down already to my kids!... good gravy!!

One time... I was shopping with my babushka on... and I ran into one of my old teacher's from grade school... we talked awhile... she was surprised that I had 3 children (at that time)... she ended up going to the bank where my mom worked and asked my mom "really... how is Anne Marie?" my mother asked "why ever do you ask that? she is fine as far as I know"... and my old teacher then replied in solemn tone, "well... I just meant with the cancer and all... and all those kids... she seemed so well"... smirking my mother said: "oh! you mean Anne Marie had her head scarf on eh?... that's what she calls fashion." no wonder people open doors for me more often when I wear my babushka!! ~have a fantastic weekend everyone~