Journey of Quilting

I'm not French...

i was once approached by a very nice man in the grocery store asking if I was French... with that 'babushka' on... (I blushed) and told him "no" — but something about that compliment made me "feel" French...

i think a lot of us associate France, and all things French with an air of uniqueness... And most certainly anyone who loves fabric as much as I do, can agree, that the best linen comes from France... the antique linens... the feed sacks for crying out loud are even amazing... for any country to go from nubby texturally woven sacks that last over 100 years unscathed, to the finest in gilded framed chairs graced with the softest linen you would swear it was silk, well, my hats off to the French in that manner...
and thus, my little French room is blossoming... all because of fabric... and a hutch...

Here's the before... just look at "Elizabeth"... all alone... poor dear...

and my new hutch...

it's somewhere I am using all the things I love (besides the obvious ones), like my grandma's silver, my old locker baskets, and all my favorite linens... i'm working on all the details and can't wait to share it with all of you!

Be inspired! by the things you love!

p.s. a great Thank You! for those ladies who ordered "Elizabeth" already...