Journey of Quilting

imperfect at best...

A raven does not conjure up images of bright feathers and a sweet song, but rather, it suggests blackness………

clumsy in nature, this bird (when not in song) preys upon small animals………
It is hard to suggest any sort of affection for wisdom, or some sort of interior thoughts of a raven being a spiritual ‘helper’………however……….

... there has been reference to his “blackness” as an ignorance………remember Noah? Before he sent the dove, "sent forth a raven, which went forth to and fro, until the waters were dried up from off the earth." (Gen. viii. 7)

... for when my heart was breaking, there were no sound of birds, and the beauty I saw through my eyes of sorrow, were very much reflected through the way the gardens were succumbed to such a cold and wet chill... it was as though the farm was weeping along with me...

"Consider the ravens: for they neither sow nor reap; which neither have storehouse nor barn," (which is so true... they never do take up residence in any of the barns!) "and God feedeth them how much more are ye better than the fowls? " (Luke xii. 24)

My affections for spiritual thought are feeble and imperfect at best, but they are still objects of His tender care, as are the birds…….

Clarity

How beautifully then, that I was reminded of this……that I too have ignorance but desire instruction while receiving the God’s care.

the noise was deafening... loud enough for me to shut off the rest of the world to really listen...

it was truly a harmonious moment on the farm, between me and nature...

i'm sure it sounds rather "strange" so some — and I don't rely or look to nature for guidance, but out of nature is grace, and within grace is peace...

*all photographs taken by me on the farm... literally just moments ago... I changed the aperture while taking these pictures... they are unaltered*