Journey of Quilting

Farm style party...

We recently hosted a party for over 200 of our closest friends and relatives...
with no old barn any longer, we used another new barn instead...
My husband, brother-in-law, kids and I worked VERY hard to clear out another section of our 'steel barn'...
and happy with the light and breezes in that new area, that is exactly where the food, and centerpiece went...

and with practically no budget, nature inspired me...

using only things I already owned, it was both fun and unique

I could complain on how not all the whites matched, or how I wanted draperies hanging on the whole wall, or more of this and that... but seriously... why??
The altar was totally scrubbed down to accommodate my "centerpiece"...

it was charmingly rustic
we added fresh straw to the ground
(I love walking in straw... it has such a country rustle sound)

just little ole' buffet lights and my garden produce spilling out...

I finally got to use these little wire urns that held autumn joy sedum and goldenrod...

I seem to always need a focal point, and in this case, it was a focal 'wall'...

The food eventually surrounded this altar, but it primarily held all the wonderful delights people brought from their kitchens that were sweet...

~more pictures of the party decor this week~