Journey of Quilting

Divine Intervention...

PART I...

this room I re-decorated for my guest of 5 days (and now as a "permanent" change) has a little background, and if you 'know me by now', you'll know that I pretty much have a story for everything, and that you have to sometimes be quite patient with me to the end...

I'm only helping you increase your virtue of patience...

See... when our barn burned, our insurance company denied our claim, but still gave us money for the personal property that was in the barn, which was significant due to the many years of accumulation of antiques we were using for decor in and around the barn...

sooooo... with that money, we decided to renovate this room... total tear down... and the first wall that my husband took down had wiring, and within those wires it was chewed through both the hot and cold wires by mice (yucka and eeeewww I know right?) — which meant that at any second, those two wires could have caught on fire and our home would have gone up in smoke... at any second!!!!

... they were millimeters apart...

what if the kids were inside asleep...

the good Lord let our barn burn, so that we would have the money to fix up this room, and find the wires, and save our children, and our home and all we possess...

I know right?! a little closure for the barn burning...

(let's not digress too much here)

we found douglas fir floorboards underneath that my most fabulously creative and handy husband cut and designed and laid like this:

we both wanted to keep the red, so we distressed it and added a stenciled border at the 4 corners to give it a unique look "like a rug"...

and the ceiling was low, but underneath we found sky blue beadboard (because it was an old front porch)... being blue is my favorite color, we repainted it the same blue after peaking the ceiling and adding a fan...

tomorrow, we will look at the decor... so have a great night!

before I forget... my heart beat SO fast when the most talented and beautiful stylist , Coty Farquar, surprised little ol' me!