Journey of Quilting

holiday...

Part of the joy of having the farm, is inviting guests...
and this weekend was no exception...
yes... yes... you have all seen the 'crib out in the garden' look, and my intention was to do it all in whites... grays... and well... i simply couldn't help myself with color...

The prairie HAS grown some flowers this year! (hurrah) and I had the most delightful walk with a young lady through the tall sweeping grasses...

I worked tirelessly to complete the 'patio' off the side of the house that leads to the other garden paths... it was going to be brick pavers, but the sound of walking on the gravel, the feeling it evokes, won my heart... and fit right into the rest of the Jardin...

my father custom made these chairs and table for us... love them...

and I painted and added decal to the young children's school chairs...
the sweetest little baby was here... under the river birch tree branches... and she was enamored with the rustling noises and twinkles in the branches from the sun...

I'm so sure you are saying "oh Anne Marie... not another picture of the corn crib... "

too bad

just look at those clouds!...

and check this out!

yup... a tornado... it never touched down... but we kept a close eye on this one...

none of us had ever really seen a tornado like that...

not a drop of water came to the farm... leaving the day beautiful...

~Hoping you all had a wonderful holiday~