Journey of Quilting

A Disguise Fete...

I have a passion for oil paintings...

The feeling they evoke is real...

We have a small collection (none of which are pictured here... I wish) hanging in our home... frames removed... to only enjoy the painting, like they were just painted and hung on the wall (like an art studio)...

and besides, I believe that the frames distract from the artist's work...

Perusing through antique and garage sales, I have yet to find one of a woman in repose or of a picnic... or if so, could not afford them!

John Singer Sargent and Claude Monet (all painting shown here are by them) are two of my favorite painters, and they have inspired me to compose this Disguise Fete...

It is a dress-up party for all who want to join...

Here's the rules:

~ vintage or antique clothing worn (or a very good replica)

~ outside photographs only
~ can be more than one person (mother/child...)
DATE OF EVENT: JULY 11th, 2009 (this gives all of us plenty of time to do this right)
The goal here is to create your own "oil painting" through the eyes of your photographic lens... (this doesn't mean you alter your picture with photoshop with the "oil painting" option, but you can alter your photograph with light enhancements, etc)
If you are participating, let me know by e-mailing me at: info@nadafarm.org and grab this button I made for the occasion:

If you have any questions: email me at: info@nadafarm.org