Journey of Quilting

An opportunity...

(The pictures are from a collection of antique prayer and missals that I love to display)

Those of us who awake in the morning with little ones at our feet, and the many tasks that lie ahead for the day...

and the ideas and projects we have racing in our minds, can understand the many distractions from our faith that our set in our path, or that we ourselves set there. Sometimes we ignore them, and simply walk on by.

At times, it may seem that no one can understand... that no one can relate to our many 'woes' and/or problems...

Within us all is a sense of purity... of good... but when you are in a deep hole, sometimes that leap of faith within another to actually reach out and help you seems unreachable... unattainable...

Being that I have made the announcement for Farm Chicks (yeah) during this Holy Week... I certainly do not want to be the source of any distractions... not anytime within your path. The obligations within my life, as you can imagine, are very similar to any mother, no matter how many children you are so very blessed to have.

The women I have encountered during this short time in 'blogland' have quite honestly been astounding... the hands reach out the best way they know how... with words of encouragement... with tokens mailed and sealed with love — for people they have never physically met. Thus the reason for me wanting to start Farm Chicks. My faith is worn on my sleeve, and may very well be rubbed off on every corner of my home, garden, animals... I pray that all of you, regardless of your troubles now or in the future, are able to see you certainly are not alone, and that many understand you, and often times have much more troubles within their lives than you.

(this thorn came from a tree on a hiking trip this Saturday... and a wonderful Lenten reminder)
Now, don't get me wrong here... I'm not the "buck up kiddo" type of gal... I'm the "oh dear... let me clean your wound and put a band aid on there to make you feel better"... what better teacher than God on that subject... as He Himself was suffering, He reached out to us all... regardless of the pain He was suffering in this world...

We will always have distractions, but this moment will never happen again-

Every day is an opportunity to anticipate new adventures that await us and to place our future in God's guiding hands...
Have a blessed day...