Journey of Quilting

A new love...

Part of the rich history of my ancestry literally “stems” from a plum tree.

This particular fruit was appropriately named after my 17th Century Ancestor, Sir William Gage – 2nd Baronet, who acquired a graft from his brother, Rev.Gage from the same monastery for whom the great St. Joan of Arc went to Mass….

My mother’s side is all Hungarian except for an ounce of Transalvanian….but their history writes a different story – it’s one of mystery and intrigue….of gypsies and dirt floor dwellings, of hard working farmers and a deep love of country….

Their stories were remembered and cherished and told and retold many a time — mostly in Hungarian!
For this is who I am, and I am so proud of my history, and to all the others in my family who have helped nurture my passion for the world around me….

For the earth we are so blessed to have and preserve.

For the people who made my devoted and most wonderful husband come into my life.

For the tiny ones I can hold in my arms.

(one is missing from that picture!)

All the while being able to glorify God – for none of my ancestors or myself are here for ourselves, but for others, and now I take that responsibility seriously….I too am passing on traditions, customs, heritage, but most importantly morals and values….

I know I will make mistakes, as all that have preceded me have as well, but to focus on the past or on the future is trifle.

That is why I enjoy blogging so very much – I focus on that day, but always listening to the past…if my dear ancestor, Sir William Gage, never wrote any accounts of what he researched, saw in beauty, or the incredible horticultural discoveries he accomplished, I would not be sitting here right now.

It’s what I like to call Farm Life with Anne Marie-
And though I make mistakes and fail A LOT, the passion for life, where I am standing now, is where God has taken me thus far, as undeserving that I am.

This post is in honor of Artful Blogging, and a participation in a Beautiful Blogging Party, the subject being:

“Why I Love Blogging"

you can see more entries at: http://www.cupidscharm.blogspot.com/

Enjoy the weekend everyone!! ( I'll be posting about "The Summer House" later this weekend)